Approved Policy Revisions
Policy Development Authority (1000) – Revised 12/2019. Revisions include the addition of a Policy Statement; updated definitions under Section 3; and the addition of Section 4.2 – Authority, designating the President with ultimate authority and responsibility for the University’s policies and policy procedures, including memorializing in policy the University’s official Policy Group consisting of the University vice presidents who are responsible for reviewing and recommending approval of University policies by the President. Section 4.4 – College or Department-Level Policies was added specifying requirements for the development of college and department-level policies.
Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment (1060) – Revised 12/2019日本一本道a不卡免费. Revised expanding the definition for Confidential Resources to include graduate students in Counselor Education who are acting as counselors in a practicum course and added the Faculty Ombuds as a support service resource under Section 5.2. Under Section 4.7, the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision was added as required by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (41 CFT 60-135(c)).
Sexual Harassment, Sexual Misconduct, Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, and Stalking (1065) – Revised 12/2019. Revised expanding the definition for Confidential Resources to include graduate students in Counselor Education who are acting as counselors in a practicum course and added the Faculty Ombuds as a support service resource under Section 5.2.
Use of University Space (1100) – Revised 12/2019日本一本道a不卡免费. Revised adding Additional Authority references and changing the defined term under Section 3.10 from “Official University Event” to “Major University Event.”
Access Control (9080) – Revised 12/2019. Revised clarifying current responsibilities for access control and ensuring the appropriate controls are included in the policy for tracking keys and managing electronic access cards for campus facilities.
Faculty Sabbatical Leave (4400) – Revised 11/2019日本一本道a不卡免费. Language revised under Section 3.1.2. providing clarity on how sabbatical leave is requested either over an academic year (August – July) or a calendar year (January – December). Additionally, a Sabbatical Leave Evaluation Form was created to help facilitate applicants’ organization of their application package.
University Graphics Standards (10000) – Revised 11/2019日本一本道a不卡免费. Revisions include general updates throughout, including changing the University Graphics Standards Committee to the University Brand Committee. Under Section 3.1.3., the language was revised reflecting that committee members will be appointed by the Office of Communications and Marketing and committee membership will represent marketing experts from across campus.
Naming Procedures (11000) – Revised 11/2019. Policy revised bringing it into alignment with other University policies日本一本道a不卡免费, including updating the naming committee membership and the administrative workflow process for naming requests.
Non-Classified Employees Due Process and Appeal Procedures (7310) – Revised 10/2019日本一本道a不卡免费. Revised deleting Section 3.2, Professional Staff Employee Problem Solving Procedure, from the policy. The problem solving procedure for classified and professional/non-classified staff is covered in University Policy 7560 (Problem-Solving Procedure).
Smoke and Tobacco-Free Campus (9110) – Revised 10/2019日本一本道a不卡免费. Revised expanding the current non-smoking mandate to a non-smoking and tobacco-free mandate on University-owned or -leased properties, including University vehicles.
Behavioral Intervention and Threat Assessment (12050) – Revised 10/2019日本一本道a不卡免费. Revised combining the policy with University Policy 12030 (Threat Assessment). The combined policies articulate the CARE Team’s authority to engage in threat assessment and management activities and formalize how the University addresses potential safety threats to members of the University community and to University premises.
Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment (1060) – Revised 09/2019. Revised adding Timeliness/Statute of Limitations under Section 4.4.1A. Under Section 4.4.10F – External Investigator, the requirement for any outside investigator to follow the same process as an internal investigator pursuant to the policy was added.
Sexual Harassment, Sexual Misconduct, Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, and Stalking (1065) – Revised 09/2019.日本一本道a不卡免费 Revised adding Timeliness/Statute of Limitations under Section 4.4.1A. Under Section 4.4.11F – External Investigator, the requirement for any outside investigator to follow the same process as an internal investigator pursuant to the policy was added.
Sponsored Programs Cost Transfer (5090) – Revised 09/2019日本一本道a不卡免费. Revised removing the procedural information from the policy and bringing the policy into alignment with the OMB Uniform Guidance. Procedural information is located on the Office of Sponsored Program’s website.
Information Technology Accessibility (8140) – Revised 09/2019. 日本一本道a不卡免费Revised under Section 4.1.c. deleting the Systems Architectural Review Board (SARB) consultation for accessibility standards and requirements. Under Section 4.1.e., language was added designating responsibility for ensuring department/unit compliance with the policy to the Associate Vice President and Chief Information Officer if a department/unit is unable to designate an IT Accessibility Liaison. Under Section 4.4., language was revised allowing departments to address accessibility concerns before a formal compliant is filed with the Office of Institutional Compliance and Ethics, and under Section 4.3., language was added clarifying how to file a complaint for individuals who feel they have been discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Collection, Management, and Public Display of University Art (9090) – Revised 09/2019. Revised definition of “Public Art” to include memorial tributes and expanded public spaces to include hallways and classrooms. Also clarified Public Art may be large-scale monuments or small-scale and intimate. Revised definition of “University Art Collection” allowing department representatives with knowledge of best practices in conservation and storage of collection items to manage sections of the University Art Collection, and updated membership on the University Art Collections Committee (UACC).
Protection of Minors (12060) – Revised 09/2019. Revised bringing the policy into alignment with the revised Background Verification Policy (7005). Under Section 4.1.2, – Where to Report Minor Abuse, the requirement to also report suspected minor abuse to the Office of Institutional Compliance and Ethics after reporting to local law enforcement was added. Under Section 4.3.1. – Program Registration, a requirement was added for all minors in programs to register with the Office of Institutional Compliance and Ethics no less than 14 days before the event. Under Section 5., Appendix A – Code of Conduct for Interacting with Minors in University Programs, an additional conduct expectation was added requiring individuals interacting with Minors in Programs to comply with University Policy 12080 (Possession of Firearms/Weapons or University-Owned or-Controlled Premises).
Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment (1060) – Revised 07/2019.日本一本道a不卡免费 Revised adding language under Section 4.4.18 requiring notification to grant funding agencies if a Principal Investigator is found to be in violation of the policy in accordance with grant requirements.
Sexual Harassment, Sexual Misconduct, Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, and Stalking (1065) – Revised 07/2019. Revised adding language under Section 4.4.19 requiring notification to grant funding agencies if a Principal Investigator is found to be in violation of the policy in accordance with grant requirement; revised policy statement and definitions for Sexual Harassment, Sexual Misconduct, and Stalking to clarify Sexual Misconduct and Stalking are forms of Sexual Harassment.
Death of a Student or Employee (2270) – Revised 07/2019日本一本道a不卡免费. Revised expanding responsibilities and guidelines to cover both student and employee deaths ensuring an orderly, effective, and caring response.
Last Week of Classes and Final Examinations for Undergraduate Courses (3080) – Revised 07/2019. Revised adding definitions for Ending Time, Exam Free Week, and Final Exam Schedule; updated language clarifying no in-class exams may be taken during the Exam Free Week but take-home final exams may be distributed but can be due no earlier than the Ending Time (end of the scheduled final exam period as published on the Office of the Registrar website).
Official Student Absence Policy (3120) – Revised 07/2019. Revised allowing the observance of religious holidays to be considered official, University-recognized activities not counted as official absences against any absence limits set in course policy.
Annual Faculty Evaluation (4290) – Revised 07/2019. 日本一本道a不卡免费Revised language in Sections 4.2 through 4.4 allowing for the use of an electronic evaluation system to support the implementation of Faculty180.
Background Verifications (7005) – Revised 07/2019. Revised adding the requirement for a Financial History Check for Final Candidates whose position meets the criteria under Section 4.1.2; revised language under Section 4.2 requiring a background check at the time of initial hire, promotion (other than advances in academic rank), demotion, lateral transfer, affiliation, and volunteer service not to exceed five (5) years thereafter for positions deemed “sensitive” by the University as outlined in Appendix A; revised language under Section 4.4 providing clarity around considerations and procedures for non-automatic qualifying criminal convictions; removed section on “Subsequent Notification” from previous policy version (language added to the new University Policy 7520 – Self-Disclosure of Criminal Proceedings).
Faculty Leave for Birth/Adoption and Workload Release Plan (7265) – Revised 07/2019.日本一本道a不卡免费 Revised language in Section 4.6 making the one-year extension of the tenure clock automatic for non-tenured tenure-track faculty utilizing Administrative Leave under the policy.
Capital Project Needs (9170) – Revised 07/2019日本一本道a不卡免费. Revised the timeline for reviewing Capital Project Need Requests (CPNR) from three times annually to once annually aligned with the budget process; revised the definition for Capital Project; revised language allowing for a more comprehensive governance/oversight structure for prioritizing projects; and added language creating a project prioritization raking system.
Public Safety Camera Systems (12140) – Revised 07/2019日本一本道a不卡免费. Revised removing the responsibility for reviewing and recommending camera types from the Integrated Security Technology Committee (ISTC) to the Department of Public Safety’s Integrated Security Unit (ISU); and revised responsibilities and procedures under Section 4.2 for emergency situations.
Meals and Refreshments (6240) – Revised 07/2019日本一本道a不卡免费. Revised combining policies 6250 (Public Relations and Alcohol Expenses) and 6260 (Meal and Refreshments – Local Funds) into 6240 (Meals and Refreshments); removed the meal requirement with alcohol under Section 4.2 – Limitations; added references to University Policy 1050 (Alcohol Beverage Permit Process) and University Policy 7020 (Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace) under Section 4.2.1.f; added clarifying language under Section 4.2.3A related to Public Relation Funds; and removed Appendix A (per-diem rates) and included a link to the per-diem rates on the Accounts Payable website.
New Policies Approved
Accommodating Disabilities in the Workplace (7570) – Approved 11/2019. New policy stating the University’s commitment to, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). This new policy codifies the University’s processes for how applicants and employees request accommodations under the ADA and how the University will respond to and consider those requests.
Problem-Solving Procedure (7560) – Approved 09/2019. New policy that combines and replaces the current problem-solving policies for classified and non-classified/professional staff. The combined policy creates a consistent process for both classified and non-classified /professional staff.
Base Budgeting for Regular Positions (6350) – Approved 07/2019. New policy established to manage base budgets in appropriated funded regular positions including how funding shortages will be resolved.
Self-Disclosure of Criminal Proceedings (7520) – Approved 07/2019. New policy established requiring all University employees, affiliates, affiliate faculty, volunteers, and student employees with safety-sensitive duties or working in safety-sensitive locations to self-report criminal proceedings within three (3) University business days to Human Resources.
Employee Files (7530) – Approved 07/2019.日本一本道a不卡免费 New policy established designating Human Resources as the custodian for official personnel files. The policy also establishes who has access to employee files, what should and should not be maintained in supervisor files, and the procedure for disclosing information from employee files.
Payroll Overpayments and Underpayments (7540) – Approved 07/2019. New policy established creating the authority and process for identifying and resolving compensation overpayments and underpayments to University employees.
Legal Authorization to Work (7550) – Approved 07/2019.日本一本道a不卡免费 New policy established to comply with federal regulations of the U.S. Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) and to communicate guidelines on the completion, filing, retention, and disposal of Form I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification).
Approved Policy Deletions
- Classified Employee Problem Solving Procedure (7440) – Deleted 10/2019. Policy approved for deletion with the approval of University Policy 7560 (Problem-Solving Procedure) covering both classified and non-classified/professional staff.
- Threat Assessment (12030) – Deleted 10/2019. Policy approved for deletion. This policy was combined with University Policy 12050 (Behavioral Intervention and Threat Assessment).
- Records Committee (1010) – Deleted 09/2019. Policy approved for deletion. There is no longer a Records Committee. Albertsons Library maintains University archives. The University Archivist will help ensure University policies referencing record retention or archiving are updated.
- Public Relations and Alcohol Expenses (6250) and Meals and Refreshments Local Funds (6260) – Deleted 09/2019. These policies were combined into University Policy 6240 (Meals and Refreshments).
- Scheduling Use of BSU Grounds (9060) – Deleted 09/2019. Policy no longer represented a contemporary process for scheduling use of Boise State grounds. Revisions were made to University Policy 1100 (Use of University Space) in July of 2016 reflecting the current process for reserving public areas on campus.
Policies in Development or Revision Process
Policies in Revision
- Exclusion from Campus (12020)
- Emeritus Faculty and Staff Appointment and Privileges (7480)
- University Sponsorship (9180)
- University Vehicles (9040)
- Search for and Selection of Department Chairs, Division Managers, or Unit Heads (4500)
- Desktop and Laptop Computing Standards (8030)
- Information Privacy and Data Security (8060)
- Drone Operations (12120)
- Pedestrian and Personal Vehicle Conveyance (9010)
- Speed Limit on Campus (9020)
- Academic Probation (3000)
- Safety and Loss Control (9130)
- Commercial Filming and Photography (10030)
- Use of Human Subjects (5050)
- Animal Care and Use (5070)
- Biosafety (5080)
- Environmental Health and Safety (9140)
- Employee Safety and Loss Control Training (9210)
- Laboratory Safety Committees (9240)
- Minor Repairs and Alterations (9050)
- Facilities Operations and Maintenance Work Order Requests (9070)
- Official Student Absence (3120)
- Faculty Emeritus Policy (4280)
- Annual Revision of Boise State University Catalog (4150)
- Student Complete Withdrawal from the University (3110)
- Institutional Messaging (8100)
- Student Indebtedness (6060)
- Administrative Holds (3200)
- Class Schedule Change Procedure (4170)
- Responsibilities for Curricular Changes and Class Scheduling (4140)
- Special Topics Course Proposals (4060)
- University Administrative Complete Withdrawals (4185)
- Faculty Initiated Withdrawal (4190)
- Independent Study/Directed Research (3050)
- Workshop and Conference Allocation (4070)
- Prior Learning (3040)
- Allocation and Distribution of Recovered Facilities and Administrative Costs (6100)
- Research Faculty Policies and Procedures (5010)
- Additional Baccalaureate Degree and/or Double Major (3030)
- Credits to be Taken at Boise State University (3210)
- Adjunct Faculty (4220)
- Student Survey Evaluation of Faculty Instruction (4300)
- Lecturer Faculty (4250)
- Clinical Faculty (4490)
- Faculty Tenure and Promotion (4340)
- Annual Faculty Performance Evaluation (4290)
New Policies Under Development
- New – Non-Compensatory Payments
- New – Chargebacks
- New – Professor of Practice
- New – Electronic Signatures
- New – Guidelines for Evaluation of Teaching Faculty
- New – Compensation
- New – Hiring
- New – Campus Lost and Found
- New – Separation from University Employment
- New – Proper Funds Management
- New – Veterans’ Preference
- New – Proctoring Policy
- New – Course Evaluation Comment Redaction
- New – Recording of Classroom Activities
- New – Fostering Productive Learning Environments
- New – Classroom Committee
- New – Sustainability Governance Policy
Policies in Approval Process
- Desktop, Laptop, and Tablet PC Computing Standards (8030)
- New – Institutional Base Salary
- New – Parental Leave for Graduate Assistants
- Student Code of Conduct (2020)
- Use of University Space Web (1100)
- Access Control (9080)
- Policy Development Authority (1000)
- Procedures for Filing a Request for Reinstatement to a Graduate Program (3090)
- New – Accommodating Disabilities in the Workplace
- Faculty Sabbatical Leave (4400)
- University Graphics Standards (10000)
- Naming Procedures (11000)
- Workload for Tenured and Tenure-Track Faculty (4560)
- Deletion – Payment Card Acceptance (6120)